Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Good Eats?

My weekend seems to have been largely based around the topic of food.  On Friday evening I met K for a RawBC Tour Presentation at Roots Natural Organic Health Food.  Roughly forty people turned up for the talk which was pretty impressive and says a lot for how society is opening up to new eating habits as well as taking their health into their own hands for a change.  The talk was informative and touched on many aspects of raw food, food quality and health.  K and I didn't stick around to sample all the food items that were available but the Avocado Chocolate Pudding was delicious!     
Clive Langton, Director of RawBC
Food!
More Food!
Avocado Chocolate Pudding - Yum!
Thanks to Roots for the Take-Home Bag of Veggies!
 On Saturday morning K and I trekked out to the Fraser Valley Food Show.  Unfortunately I don't remember the tasting area being so sparse last time.  There wasn't a whole lot of dishes to choose from - especially for someone who chooses a vegetarian diet.  Also, the 15 refined pasta penne noodles in tomato sauce costing me $3 or (6 tickets) kind of ticked me off as well.  So much for lunch . . .  What's maddening is that I feel that it would have been a great opportunity for new or smaller businesses to show off their cuisine to potential customers.  Since I haven't been an exhibitor to a show such as this I'm not entirely sure of the cost or time that goes into one of these events. I do know as a consumer and an event-goer, that the vendors I do see and the people I interact with at these events influences me as to where I spend my money.  Maybe my time is better spent at the local farmer's market these days . . .
 I needed some rest so I stayed in for the evening and baked myself a chocolate cake (I've baked this one many times before. Here and here).  Other than checking out 'Seeds of Deception', talking about food and health with a few friends and family and fighting off a Cheese Bread craving - that's about it.  Hope you all had a delicious weekend!
A couple random iphone photos:
Light Reading
Found these Cookies Hiding Between the Fridge and the Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment