Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Christina Lake/Grand Forks Part 1

 I decided to take advantage of Labor Day weekend and spent a few extra days visiting some special people on the farm in Grand Forks.  For it being such a small town I had a blast and shed a few tears as I headed home.  I hope I get the chance to visit again soon and spend more time in Christina Lake.
 I (and dad) had a very early morning on Friday as I had decided to opt out of renting a car and driving up and took a short one hour flight instead (funnily enough it was a bit cheaper to do so).  It was my first time flying solo but didn't mind it so much especially being such a short journey and all.  Too bad all flights weren't as speedy . . .
From Up in the Sky
Head in the Clouds
 After being picked-up at the airport our first stop was the beach area of Christina Lake to check out Phil's office for the summer.  The beach area was deserted at 8am (go figure) and is gorgeous.  A lot bigger than I had originally pictured it being.
The Farm House
Bedroom
 The boys are staying at a farm house on some friends' property, and have arranged it fabulously into quite the decadent palace.  You gotta be quite resourceful and clever to create a lamp switch out of rope and a couch out of just duct tape and an air mattress.  Not just anyone would come up with such clever ideas!
Living Room
Interesting Hallway Decor
Fruit Trees
Apples!
Aside from the farm house being a little outdated, I liked the overall layout and am sure it was quite the place back in the day.  Being out there makes me want to move out to the farm!
Who needs the city anyway?
While on my mini vacation I took a fair number of photos (some were a little more blurry than I had intended) and will share more photos and stories tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment