Thursday, September 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Christina Lake/Grand Forks Part 2

Nursery Trestle Bridge
Kettle River
View from the Trail
Berries of Some Sort
 The first day in Grand Forks was spent walking along part of the Trans Canada Trail, checking out the Kettle River and exploring the town.  I couldn't believe the amount of grasshoppers there were (especially on the trail) and didn't enjoy them hopping into me as they tried to leap out of the way.
Happy Days Donuts
I heard good things about the local 50's diner and since I'm a sucker for vintage inspired restaurants, Phil and I stopped in for lunch one day and enjoyed a couple of keen burgers and split a cherry coke (float). 
Menu
Hot Date
Yum!
Diner Seating
Elizabeth Taylor Burger
Audrey Hepburn Veggie Burger
Havin' Fun
 We took a quick detour on our way to the lake and headed up to Cascade Falls.  The hike was pretty easy (which was lucky 'cause we were both in flip flops) and the falls were gorgeous! 
Happy
Silly Happy



Teeny Tiny Phil




While on my mini vacation I took a fair number of photos (some were a little more blurry than I had intended) and will share the last of the photos tomorrow - you can see the first half here.

No comments:

Post a Comment