Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: A Doodle and Dessert

Wow, it's been some time since my last post.  I never know where the time goes and always have the greatest intentions but somehow they get lost in the grand scheme of things . . .  I am however only to blame due to the large amount of procrastinating I've done lately.  I don't believe there's a reason for it but it has happened nonetheless.  Aside from spending a large portion of my weekend thinking about what I need to get done I actually did accomplish a small part of my extensive 'to-do' list.
 My friend K and I have a project idea on the go and this painting has a part in it.  I started it some time ago and finally finished this weekend  (I took the photos late at night and the only place I could get the lighting to work was on the stairs).  I'll hopefully get some better photos and repost them at a later date.  The original photograph (not shown) was taken by my 'sister-in-law' J.  I kept it pretty similar to the photo aside from the bottom half of the background, which I overemphasized the blue to create more depth and visual appeal rather than having a random tomato floating in the dark.   Overall I'm quite pleased how this one turned out and hope the others in the series work just as well.
I did a lot of baking to prepare for this week - I made four recipes (well I consider that a lot. . .). The Jam and Coconut Thumbprint Cookies and 'Larabars' aren't pictured 'cause there really wasn't anything fantastic about their appearance so instead I'll just share the Blueberry-Bran Muffins and Chocolate Cookies.  All the recipes I used are very basic and extremely tasty.  Aside from the muffins I've made all the others before and will again and again and again. . .  You can make them all in one evening with little clean-up (that is if you don't use a zillion spoons like I tend to. . .).
Fresh Out of the Oven!
Close-up of the HUGE Blueberries
Chocolate-iest Cookies EVAR!
Ta-Da!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment