Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Farmtastic Weekend

Silly Apple - He looks familiar . . .
This weekend was farmtastic!  The weather was amazing and I spent my time exploring the local farmers market with mom - scored some lovely organic beets and colourful swiss chard.  I also was lucky enough to spend time with both parents on Sunday, at my favourite farm (also here and here) doing some apple and pear picking.  In my opinion there's no better way to enjoy the last day of September than picking delicious apples and enjoying apple cider slushies. 
Asian Pear Photo Shoot
Random Pear Photoshoot
I believe these were the Honeycrisp - the others we picked were McIntosh, Spartan and Gala
Jonagold - not ready for pickin'
Weird Floaty Looking Apple . . .
Apple Picking is an Intense Adventure
Hiding Amongst His Favourite Apples!
What a Hull!
Arms Full
Pretty Pumpkin - I only purchased one pumpkin for soup, I intend on returning to the farm closer to Hallowe'en for my Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin so I had to leave this fella in the patch . . . sad
(Not) Juggling!
Winner!
White Pumpkin
Okie Dokie
My Loot from the Farm.  Ready to Become Apple Sauce (minus the pumpkin, cider and pears of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment