Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lettuce Have a Salad. (groan)

It's salad time!
I never really thought of myself as having a green-thumb, but this season has proved otherwise (or maybe it's just one big fluke . . .)  I am SO proud of my lettuce plants!  Aside from a few cherry tomatoes I can't recall ever growing fruits/veggies where I can continually harvest from the plants.  So you can imagine my excitement when I filled the largest bowl I own.  And there's still more on the plant! Yay lettuce!
So let's take a silly moment and let a proud plant momma reflect on her lettuce growing adventure:
Sprouting Up!
Their first time in the big boy planter
Growing Big!
The one wonky sideways plant - still strong and healthy though
Who knew they grew so tall?
After harvesting all the bottom leaves
Green Beauty
 I'm so proud of these little guys and for the fact that I haven't had to purchase lettuce this summer - maybe next year I'll try another vegetable.  Carrots perhaps?  Or Kale?


No comments:

Post a Comment